TORREMOLINOS TRIATHLON CAMP ****
Our preferred Gran Hotel Cervantes is located at a 5 minute walk from the beach, just outside of the centre of Torremolinos. Still walking distance to the local shops, bars and restaurants, this hotel offers that little bit more of tranquility that can be sought after for a training camp. One can enjoy a good night of sleep. The impressive buffet restaurant, with many healthy options, completes this great package for triathletes.
Located between sea and mountains, Torremolinos has a lot to offer for triathletes. Imagine quiet undulating roads through fields with orange, lemon and olive trees, tough climbs or amazing trails for running!
The area around Torremolinos offers very challenging mountain roads but also slightly less challenging roads where you can quickly clock up the kilometers while enjoying the scenery and the occasional coffee/tapas stop to refuel and rest.
We also have access to a large sports complex with indoor 50m and 25m pools and a heated outdoor 50m pool, running track, cross-fit area and two gyms. Some camp highlights are:
- Cycling in the Sierra de las Nieves
- Incredible trail runs in the mountains
- Outdoor swim sessions in the pool and in the sea
- Running along the Paseo Maritimo
To balance yourtraining and to allow for the best possible recovery, we could also include yoga, strength and stretching sessions. And of course, the beach is just perfect for those early morning yoga sessions, a relaxed stretch after those hard training sessions or simply for enjoying some sun and sea.
Heated 50m Pool
The nearest airport is Málaga airport (10 km). It is the 4th largest airport in Spain and is served by many low-cost airlines. This makes traveling to Torremolinos within reach of many teams and athletes.
- Click here to find your flight connections to Málaga
- Málaga City is very close (10 minutes by train) and definitely worth a visit for some sight-seeing or shopping!
- Bike rental available (carbon and alu frames)
- Combine a camp with a race: there are many triathlons and duathlons in Andalusia!