PUERTO BANÚS TRIATHLON CAMP ****
The Banús Lodge is located in Puerto Banús, within walking distance of the start of the 70.3 Ironman in Marbella. It offers 11 fully equipped self-catering apartments for 2 to 5 persons. Breakfast is served during mid and high season.
The lodge is situated in a beautiful tropical garden with nice swimming pool and a bar. There are ample private parking spaces and even a bike maintenance and cleaning station. The accommodation is suitable for both sporty families as well as for small groups and triathlon teams.
Swimming can be done in any of the nearby 25m pools and of course in the Mediterranean Sea, which is only 100m away. The wave breakers make for a very comfortable swimming location for beginners while the more advanced open water swimmers can try the swim course of the Half Ironman Marbella.
Cycling in the mountains around Marbella is true bliss; the roads are of amazing quality, with little traffic and take you through unforgettable scenery and white-washed villages. Some highlights:
- Endurance rides of parts of La Vuelta de España
- Magnificent trail runs through the mountains
- A time trail ascending an Alpe d’Huez type of climb
- Running along the famous Paseo Maritimo
To balance training and to allow for proper recovery, we can add our yoga for athletes sessions; yoga specifically to help cyclists and triathletes with their problem areas.
Training & Recovery
The nearest airport is Málaga airport (50 km). It is the 4th largest airport in Spain and is served by many low-cost airlines. This makes traveling to Puerto Banús within reach of many teams and athletes.
- Click here to find your flight connections to Málaga
- Marbella, San Pedro de Alcántara and Benahavís are all within a 10 minutes drive.
- Bike rental is available. Wetsuits are only needed between December and April.
- Combine a camp with a race: all year round there are many triathlons in Andalusia!