MARBELLA TRIATHLON CAMP ****
Our preferred accommodation is Hotel Senator Marbella SPA, located on Marbella’s Golden Mile, next to the Convention Centre and the beach. It offers cosy and comfortable rooms and a perfect environment for relaxation after training hard. It is just a 10 min walk from Marbella old town, which can be reached by a pleasant walk along the beach boulevard. This venue with its central location offers beach pleasures, shopping, nightlife and sightseeing at walking distance.
The hotel features a roof top pool with wonderful sea views and a Spa & Wellness centre, ideal for unwinding after an intensive training day. Its restaurant offers international buffets, catering perfectly for all needs and preferences prior and after our training sessions.
In and around Marbella there is a selection of 25m indoor pools which can be used for technique sessions and swim stroke filming and analyses. Open water swimming will be done in the sea or in the nearby lake.
Marbella is becoming more and more known for training and triathlon racing. The Marbella Half Ironman is already famous for its tough bike leg. Marbella offers many different, beautiful cycling and running routes that we can include in our triathlon camps:
- Endurance rides of parts of La Vuelta de España
- Magnificent trail runs through the mountains
- A time trail ascending an Alpe d’Huez type of climb (14km at avg. 7% and max 20%
- Running along the famous Paseo Maritimo
To balance training and to allow for the best possible recovery, we could also include yoga, strength and stretching sessions. There is a fully equipped gym close to the hotel and the beach is just perfect yoga and stretching.
The nearest airport is Málaga airport (50 km). It is the 4th largest airport in Spain and is served by many low-cost airlines. This makes traveling to Marbella within reach of many teams and athletes.
- Click here to find your flight connections to Málaga
- Puerto Banús, San Pedro de Alcántara and Benahavís are all within a 10 minutes drive.
- Bike rental is available. Wetsuits are only needed between December and April
- Combine a camp with a race: there are many triathlons, all year round, in Andalusia!