TORREMOLINOS CYCLING CAMP ****
Gran Hotel Cervantes is located just outside of the centre of Torremolinos. Still walking distance to the local shops, bars and restaurants, this hotel offers that little bit more of tranquility that is important for a training camp. The extensive buffet restaurant, with many healthy options, completes this great package for.
Located between sea and mountains, Torremolinos has a lot to offer for cyclists. The area offers many mountain roads with long and tough climbs and amazing views over the coast and inlands.
You can also choose slightly less challenging roads where you can quickly clock up the kilometers while enjoying the scenery and the occasional coffee/tapas stop to refuel and rest. Imagine quiet undulating roads through fields with orange, lemon and olive trees!
In Torremolinos, we have access to a large sports complex with swimming pools, 400m track, cross-fit area and several gyms. Some camp highlights could be:
- Cycling in the Sierra de las Nieves
- Long ride towards El Chorro (as visited by La Vuelta 2018)
- Riding on the Ironman 70.3 Marbella route
- Epic rides with more than 3000m of climbing
To balance the hard training and to allow for the best possible recovery, we could also include yoga, strength and stretching sessions on the beach.
Gran Hotel Cervantes
Enjoy the roads
The nearest airport is Málaga airport (10 km). It is the 4th largest airport in Spain and is served by many low-cost airlines. This makes traveling to Málaga within reach of many teams and athletes.
- Click here to find your flight connections to Málaga
- Málaga City is very close (10 minutes by train) and definitely worth a visit for some sight-seeing or shopping!
- Bike rental available (carbon and alu frames)
- This part of Spain is becoming more an more popular amongst cyclists due its stunning nature and quiet and smooth roads!