MARBELLA CYCLING CAMP ****
Hotel Senator Marbella SPA is located on Marbella’s Golden Mile, next to the Convention Centre and the beach. It offers cosy and comfortable rooms and a perfect environment for relaxation. It is just a 10 min walk from Marbella old town, which can be reached by a pleasant walk along the beach boulevard. This venue with its central location offers beach pleasures, shopping, nightlife and sightseeing at walking distance.
The hotel features a roof top pool with wonderful sea views and a Spa & Wellness centre, ideal for unwinding after an intensive training day. Its restaurant offers international buffets, catering perfectly for all needs and preferences prior and after our training sessions.
Marbella is truly great for cycling. The roads are of outstanding quality and often with very little traffic. From Marbella we easily reach many beautiful routes, both short rides and epic rides over 150 km.
Assume you will be doing a lot of climbing! Depending on your level and training wishes we could include in our cycling camps:
- Endurance rides of parts of “La Vuelta de España”
- Magnificent routes through the white mountain villages
- A time trail ascending an Alpe d’Huez type of climb (14km at 7%)
- Ride and practice the new Ironman 70.3 Marbella route
To balance our training and to allow for recovery we also include yoga, strength and stretching sessions. There is a fully equipped gym close to the hotel and the beach is perfect for those early morning yoga sessions or a relaxed stretch after those hard rides.
Coffee Stop on Paseo
Example Cycling Routes Marbella
The nearest airport is Málaga airport (50 km). It is the 4th largest airport in Spain and is served by many low-cost airlines. This makes traveling to Marbella within reach of many teams and athletes.
- Click here to find your flight connections to Málaga
- Puerto Banús, San Pedro de Alcántara and Benahavís are all within a 10 minutes drive.
- Bike rental (carbon and alu frames, all sizes) available.
- Combine a camp with a trip to wonderful Málaga.