ESTEPONA CYCLING CAMP ***
Albayt Resort and Spa is a 3-star apartment complex at walking distance from the beach. It offers elegantly furnished 2- and 3-bedroom apartments with fully-equipped kitchen, washing machine, TV and wifi. Here one can share an apartment with up to 6 people. The resort features a restaurant, outdoor pools, an indoor pool, an amazing Spa and welness centre with a range of body and beauty treatments, a gym and group training room.
The resort is perfectly suitable for self catering with a variety of supermarkets close to the hotel but can also be booked with breakfast. Upon request, half board is available for groups.
Albayt Resort is located not too far from Estepona, which is definitely worth a visit with its charming old town and beautiful Paseo Maritimo and beaches. In the other direction you will find Manilva, the harbour of Sotogrande and, some 30 minutes drive, Gibraltar.
The high quality, amazingly quiet roads and stunning nature make this cycling location very hard to beat in Spain; you have direct access to many different beautiful cycling routes, both flat and with substantial climbing. The Sierra de la Grazalema and Sierra de las Nievas offer stunning views and the roads are smooth and quiet; you won't find roads that are hard-trafficked by cars. This area is becoming increasingly popular by cyclists and not without reason. Some highlights:
- Endurance rides of parts of “La Vuelta de España”
- Epic mountain rides with 3000m (or more) of climbing
- An Alpe d’Huez type of climb (14km, 6%) at your doorstep
- Relatively flat rides in the valleys
Example Cycling Routes Estepona
The nearest airport is Málaga airport (70 km). It is the 4th largest airport in Spain and is served by many low-cost airlines. This makes traveling to Estepona within reach of many teams and athletes.
- Click here to find your flight connections to Málaga
- Marbella, Puerto Banús and Sotogrande are all within a 20 minutes drive.
- We can assist with bike rental.
- In this area, there are many beautiful, Andalusian, whitewashed villages to visit.