TORREMOLINOS ATHLETICS CAMP ****
The four star Gran Hotel Cervantes is located at a 5 minute walk from the beach, just outside of the centre of Torremolinos. Still walking distance to the local shops, bars and restaurants, this hotel offers that little bit more of tranquility that can be sought after for a training camp. One can enjoy a good night of sleep. The impressive buffet restaurant, with many healthy options, completes this great package for athletes.
The close vicinity to Málaga (10 km) makes it a suitable location for exploring this wonderful city in the evening or on a rest day.
Located between sea and mountains, Torremolinos has a lot to offer for athletes and accompanying family and friends. Beach life can be experienced everywhere and from the hotel you can explore the Paseo Maritimo all the way west to Fuengirola and, with a small detour, even eastwards into Málaga!
We also have access to a large sports complex with a 400m running track, cross-fit area and two gyms. The complex can be reached by foot (1,4 km), bus transfers or with our Sun Tri Sports rentals bikes. Some possible camp highlights:
- Runs along the Paseo Maritimo and beach
- Running the Málaga Half Marathon route
- Incredible trail runs in the mountains
- Hard track sessions in the stadium
To balance our training and to allow for the best possible recovery, we can also include yoga, strength and stretching sessions. And of course, the beach is just perfect for an early morning running or yoga session.
Fun on the track
The nearest airport is Málaga airport (10 km). It is the 4th largest airport in Spain and is served by many low-cost airlines. This makes traveling to Málaga within reach of many teams and athletes.
- Click here to find your flight connections to Málaga
- Málaga City is very close (10 minutes by train) and definitely worth a visit for some sight-seeing or shopping!
- Combine a camp with a race: there are many races organised in Andalusia!