SIERRA NEVADA ATHLETICS CAMP ****
The Centro de Alto Rendimiento (C.A.R.) is a hotel and sports facilities combined. It belongs to Higher Council of Sports – Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport.
At C.A.R. the focus is on training. From the athlete-friendly food offered in the restaurant to the quietness needed for recovery and sleep. Here you train with and like professional athletes from various sports.
The mountainous scenery is truly breathtaking and inspiring and caters for great training experiences. The sports complex features almost everything else needed for training and recovery. A 400m running and athletics track, indoor athletic track, several gyms and courts for team sports. For those longer runs there are ample possibilities around the facilities, both on tarmac as well as on trails.
Furthermore, C.A.R. offers on-site medical assistance, test labs, a sauna area with recovery baths and even a DIY laundry service.
This training camp location is not for the untrained but if you ever wondered how it would be to live and train like a pro athlete this is your change! Some highlights:
- The Subida al Veleta: run up to 3200m above sea level
- Running on stunning roads and trails
- Hard sessions on the track
- Many options for recovery sessions in and around the facilities.
We strongly recommend to allow for a few days of acclimatisation before training hard. Ideally the first two or three days should be used to get used to the altitude before increasing training volume and intensity. Photos courtesy of C.A.R. Sierra Nevada
Nearest airport is Granada Airport at 40 km. Find your flight connections to Granada here. Alternative airports are Málaga Airport with many international connections (distance 180 km) and Almería Airport at 200 km.
- Granada is a must-see destination in Andalusia!
- Due to the altitude, temperatures can be low between Nov-Apr.
- Bike rentals for team activities and/or recovery rides are available.
- Combine a camp with a race: there are many running races around Granada!