ESTEPONA TRIATHLON CAMP ***
Albayt Resort and Spa is a 3-star apartment complex at walking distance from the beach. It offers elegantly furnished 2- and 3-bedroom apartments with fully-equipped kitchen, washing machine, TV and wifi. The resort features a restaurant, outdoor pools, an indoor pool, an amazing Spa and welness centre with a range of body and beauty treatments, a gym and group training room.
The resort is perfectly suitable for self catering with a variety of supermarkets close to the hotel but can also be booked with breakfast. Upon request, half board is available for groups.
One of the main advantages of Albayt Resort is it direct access to many great cycling routes through de Sierra de las Nievas, Sierra de Grazalema and flatter roads through the valleys. In terms of cycling, the high quality, amazingly quiet roads and stunning scenery make this location very hard to beat in Spain.
Close to the resort there are two 25m indoor pools that can be used for our swim sessions. Open water swimming will be done in the Mediterranean sea. The hotel pool can be used for technique sessions and swim stroke filming and analyses.
From Estepona we have access to many different beautiful routes that we can include in our triathlon camps:
- Endurance rides of parts of La Vuelta de España
- Magnificent trail runs through the mountains
- Ascending an Alpe d’Huez type of climb (14km at avg. 7%, max 20%)
- Running along the beach and Paseo Maritimo
The nearest airport is Málaga airport (70 km). It is the 4th largest airport in Spain and is served by many low-cost airlines. This makes traveling to Marbella within reach of many teams and athletes.
- Click here to find your flight connections to Málaga.
- Puerto Banús, San Pedro de Alcántara and Marbella are all within a 20 minutes drive.
- Bike rental available.
- Combine a camp with a race: there are many triathlons and duathlons in Andalusia!